A beauty blogger presents....reviews, swatches, updates and more!

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Physicians Formula healthy wear collection


So from the healthy wear line I have the foundation, bronzer and tinted moisturiser. The foundation is in translucent medium, bronzer in light and tinted moisturiser in fair to light. Firstly I have to say I was surprised to see that this kit was the right colour match for me, I had ordered it from ebay and this was the last kit available so I thought I would give it a try. Perfect! The foundation can give upto medium coverage but I just use it sheerly. Both the bronzer and foundation are pressed and are smooth in consistency. None of that chalk like texture that some drug store products tend to be. By the way whenever I refer to drug store products I am talking about shops like Boots, super drug uk or any other pharmacy type shop that stocks lower end brands. Now the main thing about this range is that it says it has SPF 50 in all of them! And more importantly it protects from UVA and UVB rays. It is recommended by the skin cancer foundation and is also free of many things such as fragrances and parabens. I think this is the main reason why I haven't yet broken out from these products. The foundation gives a matte finish and for a more dewy glow I use the tinted moisturiser. It also claims to have restorative properties....hmmm not sure what that means haha! The bronzer is a little to light for me so I dust it over the foundation to warm it up. The tinted moisturiser is not heavy but sets fast. Try using a flat topped brush to buff it onto skin! This range is great for sunny places or even if you want a healthy foundation option, bearing in mind it does not really provide a full coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment